Thanks for purchasing Nokia WiFi! Here’s how to get started so you’ll love it as much as we do.
Make sure you have the following:
- Access to an existing wireless network through an internet-connected modem or router
- Your Nokia Beacon with its power and Ethernet cables
- A smartphone running the Nokia WiFi app connected to your existing wireless network
Step 1 – The Nokia WiFi app
Launch the Nokia WiFi app and tap Sign Up
Step 2 – Identify your Beacon
Tap Get Started
Scan the QR code
- The app will ask you to scan the QR code on the bottom of your Beacon using your phone's camera; tap Scan Code
- Give the app access to take pictures/record video; tap Allow
- This opens the camera app and a frame, and you see the message Position QR code in this frame
- Point your smartphone at the code and hold it steady
- A scanning line will move vertically across the code
- When the code is successfully scanned the rectangle will flash green
If you don’t want to give permission to use your camera, you can enter the information from the sticker on the Beacon manually. To do this tap Enter Manually.
If you’ve already set up your Beacons and your Wi-Fi is working tap I've already installed my Beacons to set up your account
Step 3 – Connect your Beacon
For step-by-step instructions for setting up your Beacons, tap Next.
- Connect your Beacon to a power outlet
- Ensure your modem or router is also switched on
- If you have wired client devices, you can connect them to the Beacon's LAN ports
Restart your modem
- Restart your modem
Power on your Beacon
- On the Beacon's back panel, press the Power button
Preparing your Beacon
- Your Beacon will finish setting up your network
- Wait a few minutes – just enough time to make tea.
- When setup is complete, the app will take you to the account creation screen.
Step 4 – Create your account
- Some instances of Nokia WiFi (this varies bases on your operator) are not supporting account setup and this account creation set will be skipped. In these cases, to sign into the mobile app the credentials on the bottom of the root Beacon should be used.
- We do not support multiple networks per account at the moment (you must set up a new account with a unique email address if you are managing more than one network).
- The first and last characters cannot be spaces
- It must follow standard email address conventions: @ occurs after 1 or more characters; a period (.) occurs after 1 or more characters after @
This must be 8 to 24 characters in length
- First character cannot be a special character
- Must contain at least two character types (letters, numbers or special characters)
- Special characters can include
! # + , - . / : = @ _
- The same character cannot occur consecutively 8 times
When that’s all done, tap Create.
- Check your email and click the link to verify the account
Step 5 – Personalize your network
Change device name
You can change the device name to something easily recognizable. You can do this during setup or later in Account Settings.
Where is your Beacon?
- Consider using the name of the room where your Beacon is located. Select either:
a provided room name
tap Custom name and enter your own
Note: The maximum length for a custom room name is 15 characters, and the first and last characters cannot be spaces.
Edit Wi-Fi Name and Password
- If you want a custom name for your Nokia WiFi network you can change the name now or later on in Account Settings. The default value is displayed; for example NOKIA-DC10.
- Tap the pencil icon to change the name
- Using 1–32 alphanumeric or special characters—the first and last characters cannot be spaces—enter your network's name; for example, PantherNet
Edit Wi-Fi password
- You can change your password now or later on in Account Settings. The default value is shown
- Tap the pencil icon to make changes
- Use 8–63 alphanumeric or special characters—the first and last characters cannot be spaces
If you make changes to your Wi-Fi name or password the system will reboot before the changes take effect.
Step 6 – You’re done!
Network Topology View
After you’ve completed the setup you will see the network topology view and be able use the app to manage your network.