You can add an additional Beacon (Wi-Fi point) into your existing Nokia WiFi network with the Nokia WiFi mobile app. This can be done with a wireless connection or with an Ethernet cable.
Note: If your root device is 5G gateway, only Beacon 2 can be used to extend your Wi-Fi network.
Add a Wi-Fi point
- Tap Network on the bottom navigation of the Nokia WiFi Mobile App.
- In the Wi-Fi Points tab of the Network screen, tap Add Wi-Fi point.
- Test a new location - follow the instructions to test a potential location of your new Wi-Fi point with only your mobile phone before adding the new Wi-Fi point to your network.
- If you would like to connect with an Ethernet cable tap Connect with Ethernet to skip wireless placement tips and location test.
- Place your Beacon - follow the instructions in the app to place your Beacon after you have found a good location.