View the device list
To view devices, tap Devices at the bottom of the home screen or tap Devices on the home screen.
- In the Connected tab, the list of devices connected to your network is displayed. The green LED light indicates a successful connection.
- In the Not connected tab, the devices that are not currently connected to the network are displayed. After 15 days of not being connected the device name will be automatically removed from this list.
Tap the selected device to view the details:
- Assigned To: Displays the profile that your device is assigned to.
- Connected to: Displays which Wi-Fi point your device is connected to.
- Connection: Displays the type of connection between your device and the Nokia WiFi device (Wireless 5 GHz, Wireless 2.4 GHz, or Wired).
- Connection time: Displays the device’s time connected to the Wi-Fi point.
- Device Information:
- MAC Address: Displays the unique hardware identification number (media access control address )
- IP Address: Displays the device hardware communication address
- IPv6 Address 1 and IPv6 Address 2: Displays the encrypted IPv6 address
- TX Rate: The device's connection speed (transmission speed) to the Wi-Fi point that it is connected to, in Megabytes per second (Mbps)
- RX Rate: The device's connection speed (receive speed) to the Wi-Fi point that it is connected to, in Megabytes per second (Mbps)
Change a device's name and category
This option is available when signed in with a Nokia WiFi account (not available for all configurations).
- From the device details view, tap the Edit icon to modify the device name.
- In the Edit Device Name screen, you can:
- Type the new device name in the text field. Use 1–64 alphanumeric characters. The first and last characters cannot be spaces.
Note: The name shown is what you see when looking at the list of devices in the app. It is retrieved by default from the device, as specified in its Settings menu.
- Tap > under Category. In the Category screen, select the applicable category.
- Tap the check mark at the top right corner to save the changes.