The Nokia WiFi Home Portal is part of the Nokia WiFi portfolio, which introduces advanced meshed networking gateways and beacons, with embedded analytics.
The Nokia WiFi Home Portal provides holistic insights into the home network and connected devices and allows the user to immediately identify potential issues, but also provides recommendations on how these issues can be resolved.
If you received your Nokia WiFi Beacons from your service provider, Home Portal availability maybe limited based on your service provider preferences.
1. Login to Nokia WiFi Home Portal using the credentials you use to enter to the Nokia WiFi app.
2. You will be directed to the Home screen. The Home screen layout contains the information of the Nokia home wifi network. This view is divided into the left side menu; customer data and support on the right; and the topology together with the speed test, the issues and the devices connected to the network, in the center.
3. Network Map Card
The connected devices are displayed as white circles on the Network Map. The connected devices' signal strength is indicated by proximity from the center of the Network Map. The view can be refreshed by clicking on the refresh button as seen on the top right.
4. Speed Card, Issues Card, and Devices Card
The Device Detail view, when selecting the arrow icon, displays Device Name, Model Name, Device Type, SSID, supported Wi-Fi Standards, and other device specific information. You can also see offline devices by clicking the eye icon, as well as filtering at the drop down list.
The portal can “fingerprint” devices with information such as name, model, type, etc. based on the existing database information. If the device is not recognized, the field will display “Unknown”. The Operator can contact Nokia HDD Support to add new device detail information to the system’s database.
5. Support Card
6. From the Home screen, there is a Menu that allows you to access specific screens including, Dashboard (main screen), Topology View, Interference View, Device Traffic View, Device Usage View, Broadband Usage View and Network History View.
7. The “Dashboard” option from the menu will direct you back to the Home screen.
8. The “Topology” option provides a view of the status of connected Beacons, as
well as the status of the backhaul links between the Beacons. Links between the Beacons can be manually enabled or disabled by selecting the Manual Backhaul Selection option at Network Details.
As well you can see the Beacons details selecting the right card, where a list with Beacons and Internet is showed.
9. The “Separate Bands” option from the Filters drop-down menu displays the available bands and the devices connected to each band in Network Map view.
10. There is also an individual bands view (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) that can be selected from the “Filters” drop-down menu that displays devices connected to a specific band.
11. The “Interference” option from the menu will direct you to the Interference screen, which displays a graph that shows Wi-Fi and Non-Wi-Fi interference by channel. The user can select a specific channel by selecting the drop-down arrow under “Preferred Channel”. They can change to a specific channel (other than the Preferred Channel) by highlighting it in the drop-down menu list and then selecting the “Override” option, which will override the “Preferred Channel”.
12. The "Device Traffic" screen displays real-time usage in downstream and upstream speed of connected devices.
13. The "Device Usage" screen displays a graph of all connected devices and their associated traffic usage over a specific period of time. There is a drop-down menu that displays the Last 24 hours, the Last 7 days, and the Last 30 days.
14. The "Broadband Usage" screen displays a graph of broadband usage for all connected devices and over a specific period of time. There is a drop-down menu that displays the Last 24 hours, the Last 7 days, and the Last 30 days. The customer’s Internet data Subscription Plan is also displayed on this screen.
15. "Network History" displays the log of events performed on the network. Select in the search filters by time, category and device on which the event was held.