- This feature is available in the mobile app for some deployments.
- While adding a new network, if you see an error message that there is not enough space to add a new network, you will be prompted to delete an existing network. Removing the existing network will permanently remove the network and this cannot be undone.
- Some WiFi points need to reboot the chip to make changes, for those a warning message is shown.
Add a WiFi network (new SSID) with the mobile app:
- Tap (Add WiFi network) in the home screen of the Nokia WiFi mobile app
OrTap Settings at the bottom of the home screen in the Nokia WiFi mobile app and tap "+" next to Add WiFi network.
- Tap Continue in the warning message. The network will go down for two minutes.
- On the Add new network screen, select the preferred network type. Tap Next.
- On the Name your new network screen, enter the name. Tap Save.
- On the Create a password screen, enter the password. Tap Save. The app starts creating the network. After the network is successfully created, tap Done
Add a WiFi network (new SSID) with the web GUI:
- Connect to the web GUI with a browser on your network
- Go to the WiFi -> WiFi networks in the left side menu
- Click on the Add WiFi network
- Select the type of network that you would like to setup (multi band or single band)
- Give the network a name and set the password