Before you start, be sure that:
- A smartphone running the Nokia WiFi app is connected to your existing wireless network.
Setting up your network
- Open the Nokia WiFi app on your phone.
- Tap Get Started.
- Connect the app to the 5G receiver.
- Follow the instructions to select and scan the QR code on the 5G receiver. If you do not wish to use the camera or your device does not have a QR code, follow the steps to manually enter the information.
- Guided setup instructions:
- Insert the SIM card provided by your internet provider if not inserted before and screw back the cover and tap SIM card is inserted.
- Connect the PoE adapter and tap Next.
- Wait for the solid green LED and tap The LED is green.
- Pair the device with Bluetooth and tap Next. In case, you have followed the connection by entering manually, you need to enter the code manually.
- After successful pairing, Tap Next. The app starts testing the connection.
- If needed, tap Positioning tips to see the tips on how to position the device.
- The app will need a couple minutes to connect and "prepare" your device. Tap Next.
- If the connection is not great, tap Reposition and follow the steps to reposition the device.
- If required, tap on Advance results to check the signal information of the receiver.
- Mount the device by referring to Quick Start Guide and tap It’s mounted.
- Make sure to mount the device at secure location and tap Finish Installation.
- Tap Done.
- To add the Wi-Fi points, tap Add Wi-Fi point.
To disconnect the 5G receiver (before adding Wi-Fi points)
- In the Nokia WiFi mobile app, tap Settings.
- Tap Disconnect.
- Tap Disconnect to disconnect the 5G receiver.
- Tap Cancel if you do not want to disconnect the 5G receiver.