Some instances of the app do not support two-factor authentication, depending on which ISP you have.
To obtain one-time codes, install and configure an authenticator app on your mobile. For example, Google Authenticator or 2FA Authenticator.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the home screen.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Two-factor authentication (2FA) to enable the option. Instructions to enable two-factor authentication are sent to your registered email address.
- Open the email from Nokia WiFi Account and tap SETUP 2FA.
- Tap SETUP 2FA and copy the code displayed in the step 2 of 2FA account setup page.
- Open the authenticator app and add your account.
- Type the account name, and paste the code copied in step 6.
- Tap Add.
- Copy the one-time code from the authenticator app.
- Paste the one-time code in the 2FA account setup page and tap Submit.
- Tap Next in the Nokia WiFi mobile app.
- Paste the one-time code and tap Verify. If you have not received the one-time code, tap Resend one-time code.
Verifying if two-factor authentication is enabled
- Sign out from the Nokia WiFi mobile app.
- Open the Nokia WiFi mobile app on your phone.
- Tap Sign In.
- Type the Email Address and Password and tap Sign In. You are prompted to enter a one-time code.
- Copy the one-time code from the authenticator app and paste it in the Nokia WiFi mobile app.
- Tap Verify.