The Nokia WiFi Mobile app allows to check and provide recommendations to improve the network health (available in some configurations).
- Tap Check on the Network health check card in the home screen. The app checks the network health and displays the health status. One of the following messages are displayed:
- Network is healthy: WiFi points and devices are stable and home coverage is good. No action is needed.
- Extend network coverage: Some devices are not receiving a good WiFi connection. To extend the network coverage, tap Tip details and follow the suggested tips to improve the network coverage.
- Improve Wi-Fi point stability: The connection of the WiFi point is unstable. Try to place the extender WiFi point closer to the route device. Tap Test location to test the location of your WiFi point and follow the steps.
- Improve the connection of a device: The device has an unstable connection. You can resolve this issue by;
- changing the position of your WiFi point, or
- moving the device closer to a WiFi point.
Tap Tip details and follow the suggested tips to improve the connection.
- Improve the network topology: The WiFi points in your network may not be connected to each other in a way that works well with Nokia WiFi. For more information on supported topologies, tap More Info and check the help centre page for the supported network topology.
- In the Tips screen, tap Show hidden tips to view the hidden tips to improve your network’s health.